Displaying items by tag: news
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MOVTA LEGISLATIVE CHAIR TO HOLD SEAT ON MVMA BOARD
JEFFERSON CITY, MO, January 18 — We are excited to announce that the Missouri Veterinary Medical Association (MVMA) voted unanimously during their board meeting yesterday to include a veterinary technician from MoVTA as an ex officio board member! The person to hold this seat will be the MoVTA legislative chair, currently Stephanie Gilliam. This is the first time in history that a veterinary technician has had a seat on the board of the MVMA. As an ex officio board member this person will not be allowed to vote but will be included in all meetings and discussions held by the MVMA board. We are very excited for this partnership and believe that this will aid in our effort to move the veterinary technology profession forward in Missouri. Here’s to a bright future!
MOVTA's Letter to AVMA Addressing Dr. Ted Yoho
The Missouri Veterinary Technicians Association stands in support of gender equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are appalled to hear of Dr. Ted Yoho's alleged comments and accosting of Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and are upset at the AVMA tacitly condoning his behavior. MOVTA stands united against misogyny, sexism, and workplace & gender inequality and we urge AVMA to reconsider their stance: denounce Dr. Ted Yoho and revoke his membership.
How can you get involved?
- Call the AVMA’s Governmental Relations Line: 800-321-1473
- Call the AVMA headquarters: 800-248-2862 (option 6)
- Email the AVMA contact page
- Contact the Florida VMA
- Join in the conversation on our Facebook page
- Ocasio-Cortez accosted by GOP lawmaker over remarks: 'That kind of confrontation hasn't ever happened to me'
- Ted Yoho apologizes after reportedly verbally accosting Ocasio-Cortez over stance on unemployment, crime in New York
- AOC reveals new details about Ted Yoho incident, CNNPolitics