Veterinary Surgical Technician
Auxvasse, MO 65231
Our Surgical Technicians are critical in bridging study procedures from Operations to Veterinary Services. They will participate in activities relating to both departments by assisting in surgical procedures, performing minor procedures solo, administering advanced dosing, and performing advanced collection procedures.
Sinclair Research Center is a rapidly expanding, AAALAC accredited preclinical research facility located on 450 acres approximately 15 miles east of Columbia, Missouri. Sinclair is built on flexibility, outstanding service, and an amazing team where innovation and efficiency are rewarded. Sinclair has a family feel at heart where everyone is on a first name basis.
- Assist our Staff Veterinarians during various surgical procedures.
- Performs blood collection, catheter placement, sample collection, conduct radiographs and dose administration for multiple species.
- Performs anesthetic induction, monitoring, and recovery during surgical procedures.
- Assist in pre and post-operating preparations of both animals and medical equipment.
- Technicians with previous surgical experience, may perform more advanced surgical procedures, assist in surgical training, and assist in the maintenance of surgical facilities. May also assist in surgical model development, as required.