Displaying items by tag: fulltime
Want to join a fantastic team of hard working, Fear Free certified veterinary professionals in a fun, family friendly work environment? We are hiring! Experience in the veterinary field is a must. We are in a beautiful new building and offer in house labs, radiology, dental, surgery, therapy laser, and more. Please send cover letter and resume.
More information: https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/1406589186207051/
Do you have a passion for helping animals and a knack for communicating with people? Are you a prompt, dependable self-starter with an eye for detail who thrives in a fast-paced, challenging environment? Do you have an eagerness to learn and grow as a veterinary professional? If you answered yes to these questions, then you’ll excel at being a Veterinary Assistant or Technician at My Zoo Animal Hospital! No previous experience is required as we offer on-the-job training for all the skills you’ll need.
- Caring for dogs, cats, and exotic animals including small mammals, reptiles, and birds
- Assisting veterinarians during examinations
- Administering vaccinations, medications, and treatments
- Catheter placement, both urinary and venous
- Drawing blood
- Monitoring anesthesia, as well as pre- and post-surgical care
- Preparing both in and out of house diagnostics, including blood work, urinalysis, fecal analysis, and radiology
- Practicing proper animal restraint techniques
- Maintaining computerized and paper medical records
- Cleaning and maintaining the clinic and various medical equipment
- Educating clients on their pets’ health care needs
- Filling prescriptions
- Other duties as assigned
Hours are between 7:15am – 7:00pm Monday – Friday, 7:15am – 5:00pm Saturday, and some Sundays and holidays.
Salary is negotiable based on experience.
For more information on our services and facility, please go to our website www.myzooanimalhospital.com and our Facebook page www.facebook.com/MyZooAnimalHospital
To apply, please bring a copy of your resume and availability to our office located at 1300 E Boone Industrial Blvd, Columbia, MO 65202 to fill out an application in person.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $9.45 per hour
Experience: veterinary technician: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Company's website: http://www.myzooanimalhospital.com/
Company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/MyZooAnimalHospital/
Experienced veterinary technician needed for busy two doctor practice. Must have 2-5 years of experience working in a veterinary hospital. Some nights and weekends a must. Must be willing to answer phones, check patients in and out along with other receptionist duties and regular technician duties such as blood draws, iv catheter placement, radiology and assisting in surgery. Experience with AviMark and Abaxis lab stations a plus. Must be friendly, efficient, a team player and a quick learner!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $14.00 per hour
- Veterinary Technician: 2 years (Preferred)
- veterinary assistant: 2 years (Preferred)
Cavanaugh Pet Hospital, a well-established and high-quality general practice, seeks to add a Veterinary Technician to our friendly team. Our hospital boasts an enjoyable working environment with great leadership and excellent support staff. We are dedicated to active learning and advanced medical procedures and our Technicians play an integral role in providing excellent medical care to our patients and customer service to our clients.
This is a full-time position with a 4-day work week. Twice-monthly Saturday shifts will be required. Candidates must have experience in the following areas: surgical assistance, pharmacy duties, lab work, radiology, monitoring of patients, maintaining anesthetized patients and handling medical records. Top priority will be given to LVT or CVT candidates. A caring and compassionate attitude is required of all team members.
The Wright City and Warrenton Veterinary Clinics are in search of Veterinary Technicians or Veterinary Assistants to join our team! The positions have the option for full time and would include medical insurance benefits after 90 days of employment.
We are a small animal, two location practice with 8 veterinarians that travel between clinics. We are by appointment only and are open Monday-Friday 8am-5:30pm and Saturdays 8am-Noon. We use Avimark for our practice management system and utilize Idexx for our radiology and outside laboratory.
Job duties include but are not limited to: Obtaining and running diagnostic samples, assisting the Veterinarian with patient care, answering phone calls and taking detailed messages, accurately filling prescriptions and maintaining patient charts. We are in search of individuals who are organized, team players, reliable and respectful!
Mexico Animal Hospital
Veterinary Technician position available for our growing practice. We have great technology from in house blood machines to digital x-ray.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $9.45 - $15.00 per hour
- veterinary technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- veterinary: 1 year (Preferred)
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
License: Veterinary technician (Preferred)
Internship Compensation: Pay
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
Company's website: www.mexicoanimalhospital.com
Company's Facebook page: Mexico Animal Hospital facebook
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment which benefits our employees, patients and communities.
Veterinary Quality Services Technician IV-204240
Performs animal care/welfare activities and bio-analytical methods (in vivo, microbiological, immunological, virological, or molecular biological) for various Bio QC tests on raw materials, in-process, release or stability samples in compliance with AAALACi standards, 9CFR, EU and VICH regulatory guidelines, Outlines of Production and Special Outlines. Supports R&D testing. Initiates, executes and completes assays as per validated procedures and within Quality and Compliance guidelines and communicates animal welfare, testing, compliance and/or scheduling issues to supervisors.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform routine animal care and welfare activities on a daily basis.
- Perform routine testing using a significant portion of the existing animal and laboratory assays
- Supports R&D testing.
- Initiates, executes and completes assays as per validated procedures and within Quality and Compliance guidelines and communicates animal welfare, testing, compliance and/or scheduling issues to supervisors.
- Maintains reagents, supplies and calibrated equipment
- Prepare reagents and materials
- Calculates results
- Communicates schedule, test status, concerns, and data clearly and accurately.
- Write Laboratory Investigations, as needed.
- Review results and test sheets
- Revise Pre-existing Standard Methods and SOPs
- Trains others on methods & procedures
- Site level quality, efficiency and animal welfare enhancement projects.
- Coordinate projects with supervision
- Coordination of projects within group
- Writes reports and summaries
- Is called upon by other groups in Veterinary Quality Services or QC for collaboration or SME
- Animal observation and care
- Information /data summarized in concise format
- Demonstrates creativity and contributes original suggestions
- Troubleshoot / Problem solving beyond method defined action
- Locate answers from other areas / consult with other areas
- Seeks development opportunities
- Use of Word and Excel, QM software for data management (LIMS), MRP inventory software, and IDEA for Con (Document system)
- Test site equipment
- BS from an accredited institution in a relevant scientific discipline required, or AA/CVT Degree from an accredited institution with four (4) years of relevant BIVI experience.
- Previous Animal Care/Testing Experience
- Knowledge of basic scientific principles and techniques.
- Performs work following applicable methods and procedures with moderate supervision.
- Good understanding of operations in immediate area and basic understanding of applicable regulatory requirements.
- Makes routine decisions within the scope of responsibilities with guidance.
- Ability to effectively communicate in a clear, concise and appropriate manner.
- Effectively interacts with co-workers and others as needed. Demonstrates teamwork within own group and other internal groups.
Physical Demands / Surroundings:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Frequent periods of sitting, walking, and standing
- Occasionally must climb stairs or ladders, balance, bend or stoop, crouch or squat
- Occasional low level work, fine finger dexterity/ including grasping or pinching required
- Writing and use of a computer keyboard frequently Routine use of personal protective equipment. Physical Demands / Surroundings
- Works in outdoor, office and in-vivo/in-vitro lab settings. The individual may be required to enter production support areas as well as sterile filling rooms.
- Must be able to read and see clearly. Vision clarity with or without correction to read handwritten as well as computer-generated documents.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
Southwick Veterinary Hospital located in south St. Louis county seeking 2 full-time Registered Veterinary Technicians or experienced Veterinary Assistants. Ease of handling animals and communicating with their owners is a must. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated person who can work well with other staff members. This position includes some evenings and weekends. Duties include assisting with appointments, restraining, surgery prep and monitoring, follow-up care and treatment of pets in the hospital, IV catheter placement, drawing blood, laboratory sample preparation and operating in-house lab machines, taking radiographs and client follow-up and education. We will teach you Laser Therapy techniques.
Lead Laboratory Animal Technician - Comparative Medicine
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Rotational work on weekends and holidays is required.
Department Name/Job Location
- This position is in the Division of Comparative Medicine. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
- Assists the supervisors with facility operations, vivarium equipment, and animal laboratory processes, oversight and support to the animal care program and the animal care technicians under the direction of the area supervisor. Assists the supervisor in the management of the animal care and husbandry program in accordance with the regulations and guidelines of Animal Welfare Act, the Public Health Service, and University policies to assure a quality animal care program that supports the research and teaching at Washington University.
- The lead is responsible for ensuring that animal care duties are performed in accordance with established standard operating procedures (SOPs) and that University and divisional policies are followed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor daily animal health and welfare while performing daily observations and cage checks, animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle/automatic water line and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
- Provide direction to the husbandry staff on Operations and Facility issues. Specific responsibilities include investigating operational issues, including gathering information and details, compiling the information, and submitting/presenting it along with recommendation(s) for resolution of the situation/issue to the area supervisor. Provide training to new hires in the duties and responsibilities of animal care and facility operations.
- Perform quality assurance responsibilities in assigned building and other buildings as necessary.
- Conduct room inspections to assess the animals’ health and cage environment, as well as all related paperwork and record keeping.
- Operate equipment and use supplies according to safety guidelines; perform general housekeeping and adhere to safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent.
- Two years of relevant laboratory animal research facility experience.
- Obtain Purina certification within six months.
- Obtain AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT) within two years.
- Associate degree.
- AALAS certification (LAT).
- Three years of experience in laboratory animal care.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple requirements.
- Ability to comprehend written and spoken English terms used in a biomedical research environment.
- Ability to comprehend and follow SOPs and written instructions from veterinary, supervisory and research staff.
- The hiring range for this position is $15.46 - $20.88 per hour.
- All external candidates receiving an offer for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new position within the university may be subject to this requirement. The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen, employment and education or licensure/certification verification, physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful completion of required screening.
- This position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please click the following link to view a summary of benefits: https://wustl.box.com/s/8wkhs25yssf0775x9d6nd6vqa7obpth7.
Applicant Special Instructions
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and pass a pre-employment physical exam.
- Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.