Displaying items by tag: receptionist
Part Time Front Desk Receptionist at Vogel Veterinary Hospital in Arnold Mo
Position Type: Part time
Hours of Availability: Evening until 7 PM and weekend hours required
Compensation: Hourly based on experience
Requirements: High School Diploma or Equivalent requires
Preferred: Customer Service or sales experience preferred.
The receptionist is the client’s first contact when calling the practice and is the face of the practice when clients come in the hospital. The receptionist answers telephones and client questions, greets clients in the building, prepares patient files, receives and relays client correspondence, updates client financial records, sells retail products and educates clients about the services and preventative the hospital provides. A receptionist diffuses client conflict and fosters close professional relationships with clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Veterinary Knowledge/Client Education:
- Can answer client’s inquiries about basic animal care questions and routine procedures.
- Can educate clients on over-the-counter products such as shampoos and nutraceuticals; has full knowledge of heartworm and external parasite preventives to promote client education and sales.
Admitting/Discharging Patients/Cash Handling:
- Can admit patients and handle medical records entries accurately and confidentially.
- Can prepare vaccine certificates and euthanasia paperwork for mortuary services.
- Can prepare client invoices for services performed.
- Can accurately handle payment transactions and perform end of day reconciliation
- Can accurately give cost estimates for routine appointments
- Can work to maintain an effective veterinarian appointment schedule, screening emergencies and prioritizing cases that need to be seen.
Computer Knowledge/Telephone Skills:
- Receives and relays telephone, fax, and email messages accurately and promptly.
- Answers telephones and handle calls quickly, efficiently, and in a professional and friendly manner using a multi-line system.
- Can Enter and update client and patient information into Avimark Software
- Has good computer skills and shows accuracy in inputting details.
- Proficient with Office 365 programs
- Can maintain positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Can display tact and respect with team members even when busy and hectic.
- Feel and express a genuine liking for animals and their owners and for working in an animal care field.
- Is punctual and consistent with attendance
- Can conduct oneself in a confident and professional manner with clients even when situations are stressful and/or focused on individual tasks.
- Can deal intelligibly, pleasantly, and efficiently with clients, often doing several things at one time.
- Can compassionately communicate with clients when clients are faced with difficult decisions
- Can diffuse conflict with clients and know when it is appropriate to contact a manager to intervene
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Due to COVID-19 many standard office procedures have been modified for the safety of employees and clients.
Seeking a receptionist for the St. Louis Cat Clinic. Evenings and some Saturday mornings are required. Hours will vary.
- Greet patients and their owners in a friendly and timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records at all times, including notations in patient records
- File patient folders.
- Prepare and fill prescriptions as directed by the doctors.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor including a respectful attitude toward coworkers.
- Keep front reception and waiting rooms clean.
- Keep calm in stressful situations.
- Adhere to hospital safety and wellness regulations.
- Handle cash and credit card transactions with accuracy while invoicing clients.
- Prepare admittance paperwork with accuracy.
- Be able to multi-task efficiently.
- Must like cats!
You may fax your resume to:
You may mail or bring your resume to:
St. Louis Cat Clinic
3460 Hampton Ave, Ste 101
St. Louis MO 63139